30 June 2015

Puperita's Two Strawberries Romper

After my disappointment with Butterick 5624 pattern I really wanted to find another pattern that was similar and after my success using Puperita's Jungle Baby Pants I thought I'd give her Two Strawberries Pattern a go. I'm so glad I did because I love how this turned out and it was so much quicker than the Butterick pattern.

It comes in two variations; tie shoulder straps and button straps. I used bias tape around the raw edge instead of a narrow hem because I hate doing narrow hems! Next time I use this pattern I might use thinner bias tape to reduce some of the bulk in the straps. I added some 'fake' pipping using bias tape when I attached the bodice to the pants and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. Once again I used snaps instead of buttons for the crotch and side seams, I just can't get enough of them!

Pattern: Puperita's Two Strawberries, View B
Size: Newborn
Alterations: Snaps instead of buttons and bias tape to finish raw edges instead of a narrow hem.
Would I use this pattern again? Definitely! I will also be making the other version as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...